You may remember my friend Kerri from her post here a few days ago? Well, she tagged me in the Eleven Things meme that has been taking over the blogworld (slight exaggeration, but still) so now it is my turn to….
- Post these rules.
- Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
- Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
- Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
- Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.
eleven random things:
1) I have always loved opera music, and the voices of boys choirs, choirs in general, Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban, and okay yeah…Charlotte Church (when I was younger). I feel like I am in heaven when I listen to them.
2) I love breakfast. It is a daily ritual I thrive on.
3) I love mornings, in general. But mainly because of breakfast.
4) Rainy days when I get to be inside (like today)…are the best.
5) When I was in high school, I liked math, but I always put off my homework until the last minute. I still vividly remember panicked Sunday nights of tears and panic attacks…followed by self-pep talks and strong resolve to survive what had to be the world’s greatest problem.
6) I can handle a lot of human flaws, and I know no one is perfect, but I have a hard time being nice to people who are inconsiderate of others.
7) I cannot look at things that are really cute for a long period of time. I get a physical pain in my chest. I can look at a picture of any of my nieces for maybe 7 seconds before I just have to walk away.
8) I had two marriage proposals before Eric asked me to marry him. They both happened before I was 8 years old. I think I was wise in holding off.
9) My movie crush when I was little was Jimmy Stewart. I never really got into Leo Dicaprio or Brad Pitt or any other supposed Hollywood heart throb.
10) The bravest thing I ever did in high school was take over the “goth table” during lunch. You know, like sat down with my friends before the goth kids showed up. Then we invited them to sit with us.
11) I made coconut muffins this morning. And I can’t think of anything more interesting that that!
And now the questions Kerri has for me!
1. What is your all-time favorite movie?
Ah gee…I can’t pick just one! But okay: Anne of Green Gables (and You’ve Got Mail and the Godfather but you didn’t see that….)
2. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Everything. I wanted to be a ballerina, a mom, chef, magazine editor, author, singer, fashion designer, shop owner, artist, photographer, greeting card designer, speech writer. Among other things.
3. What is your most prized possession? (must be a material thing)
It sounds lame to say my laptop…but it has all my pictures and writing in it! Or the journal Eric gave me for my birthday, with a note inside that still makes me cry when I read it. I also have a special fondness for my first pair of point shoes. Oh, and I do love my engagement/wedding band.
4. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Ben and Jerry’s ice cream hands down. It might be the death of me.
5. If you could vacation anywhere in the world for a week, where would you go?
Right now? Anywhere in the French countryside. Or Tuscany….sigh.
6. What song would you choose for the first dance at your wedding? (If you’re already married, what was it?)
“Ask me why” by the Beatles :). It happened.
7. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment to date?
Hmmm….I don’t really know. I like to think of everything I have been through in my life as preparing me for something else. I am proud of my seven completed journals. I have learned so much from re-reading them.
8. What is the last book you read?
The last book I completed was Mockingjay, I believe. I have been reading 3 books for a while now.
9. What is one of the things you love most about yourself? Physical or otherwise.
My hair and I have a very close bond.
10. Who do you consider to be your biggest role model?
My mom! I want to be just like her when I grow up: wise, stylish, and an awesome cook and hostess.
11. How did you meet your best friend?
My life-long best friend and I met when our moms introduced us as infants. We didn’t become besties until age 12, though.
Okay, I am now tagging Emily and Julie (and anyone else who wants to!!), and these are my questions for them/you:
1. If nutrition had nothing to do with it, what ONE FOOD would you chose to live on for the rest of your life?
2. If you wrote your autobiography, what would you call it?
3. What movie or book character do you relate to the most?
4. If you could take one singer out of the music industry (this person would find another profession), who would it be?
5. You can invite three tv characters over for dinner (not the actors who portray them). Who do you invite?
6. If you had to pack your bags today and move somewhere for a year, where would it be?
7. If you could be an expert at anything, with no training, what would it be?
8. What do you wish you were brave enough to do?
9. If you had to build your home out of your own two hands, with no help from anyone, what would it look like and how modern would it be?
10. Who is one person in history you have a lot of respect for?
11. What character quality stands out to you as being very admirable, and why?