Let’s talk, for a second, about all the things this woman has going for her. (photo source)
- She is beautifully dressed–complete with a broach and jaunty little hat
- This is the outfit she chose for an ice cream date (no polyester here)
- She obviously knows that silvery gray looks beautiful on her–and why mess with a good thing
- The hair around her hat is styled (but I like to think that under the hat, it’s all tussled–because she is good at keeping secrets)
- She isn’t wearing blush–probably because she isn’t trying to look younger
- Her smile is adorable and genuine–she obviously has a wonderful sense of humor
- She is eating ice cream (if she really is eating ice cream by herself, all the more proof she has a great sense of humor)
- She is wearing red lipstick while eating ice cream
- She chose vanilla, because you can never go wrong with a classic (and I’m going to guess it is not sugar-free)
- She has good posture
- She didn’t decline her photo being taken, which might be a sign that she feels good about the way she looks
Of course, this is a lot of speculation mixed with observation. But it’s what my subconscious would be screaming at me if I passed this darling woman on the street. And if I sat next to her at a dinner party, I would want to get to know her for the interesting person she is. I would start by asking her opinion on hats. I have a feeling she would tell me her late husband caught her eye many years ago because he looked so handsome in a hat.
Now let’s take a look at a recent photograph of Kim Kardashian and do the same kind of speculative study. Just kidding. But I think that brings up a wonderful point about what being chic is all about, Charlie Brown.
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Red Apple Lipstick giveaway, if you haven’t already! You have two days left to enter.